[Nsta-info] FW: Busy Teacher Guide For January: Teacher Tips #599
linda.carter at nstasubs.org
Sun Jan 1 23:00:48 EST 2012
From: Teacher Tip Newsletter [mailto:maillist at teachertipnewsletter.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 01, 2012 10:26 PM
To: mslinda at nopersonleftbehind.org
Subject: Busy Teacher Guide For January: Teacher Tips #599
Having trouble reading this page? View it
<http://www.teach-nology.com/newsletters/599.html> on our website.
Weekly Tips for Teachers
Issue 599: January 2, 2012
<http://www.teach-nology.com> Visit Teachnology
This Week : Busy Teacher Guide For January
2012 School Year Teacher Resources
1. January Teaching Guide <http://www.teach-nology.com/monthly/jan/>
2. January Lesson Plans
3. January Worksheets <http://www.teach-nology.com/worksheets/misc/january/>
4. Teacher Time Savers
5. Martin Luther King Day Guide
Teachers: Ready To Go?
<http://www.teach-nology.com/gold/worksheets.html> Fresh Teacher
<http://www.teach-nology.com/gold/new/jan.html> January Sets To
New: 1 Minute Saves You Hours!
<http://www.teach-nology.com/gold/worksheets.html> Now 50,000+ Teacher
<http://www.teach-nology.com/gold/new/jan.html> View Teacher
View Math Makers...
<http://www.teach-nology.com/gold/worksheets.html> Print Worksheets Now!
Super Teacher Helpers: A Must See... <http://www.teach-nology.com/supreme/>
Teacher Resources For Your Week
Teaching Tip: Lesson Plan Ideas For January
Here are some great ideas for adding the theme of January to your classes.
Look at some complete lessons for you.
1. Louis Braille's birthday is on January 4th. Have students
<http://www.teach-nology.com/worksheets/language_arts/creative/> write a
story that describes how their lives would be different if they couldn't
communicate with any one.
2. Isaac Newton's birthday is on January 4th. Try our
<http://www.teach-nology.com/worksheets/science/phy/lab1/> 1,2,3 Newton and
3. Complete Dr. King's legendary speech in the context of today's world with
this <http://www.teach-nology.com/worksheets/misc/mlk/if/> worksheet.
4. January 9th to 16th is National Letter Writing Week. You will find a
number of ideas in our
Writing Lesson Plans page.
5. January 11th is
<http://www.teach-nology.com/themes/social/womenshistory/> Amelia Earhart
Day. Have students use a <http://www.teach-nology.com/worksheets/graphic/>
graphic organizer to describe the qualities of Amelia Earhart. Have students
describe who is today's modern day equivalent to Amelia Earhart.
6. On January 14th, 1783 the
Revolutionary War ended. Have students write about the experience of a
solider that is on the frontline preparing for battle and finds out the war
7. January 16th is National
<http://www.teach-nology.com/themes/social/religions/> Freedom of Religion
Day. Create a world map that points out the major religions followed by
8. January 23rd is
Handwriting Day. Give students 15 seconds to write a paragraph of your
choice. Have them rest for a few minutes. Have them write the same paragraph
again, but now give them 5 minutes. Compare.
9. January 29th is National Puzzle Day. Have students
<http://www.teach-nology.com/printables/puzzles/> complete printable
Teachers become a Teach-nology member now
<http://teach-nology.com/gold/worksheets.html> ! Save tons of time!
<http://teach-nology.com/gold/worksheets.html> See Worksheets Now!
This Week in History
1777: Washington <http://www.teach-nology.com/themes/social/presidents/>
defeats the British at the Battle of Princeton, NJ.
1887: 1st US school of librarianship opens at Columbia University.
Teacher Inspiration and Humor
Inspiring Teacher Quote
"Teach a child how to think, not what to think."
Jokes You Can Tell in Class
Back at my high school for the tenth reunion, I met my old coach, Mr.
Carlier. Walking through the gym, we came upon a plaque on which I was still
listed as the record holder for the longest softball throw.
Noticing my surprise, Coach Carlier said, "That record will stand forever."
I was about to make some modest disclaimer that records exist to be broken,
when he added, "We stopped holding that event years ago."
What's Going on At Teach-nology.com
Planning For February and March? Here's Some Help!
Here are some resources for teachers who are planning ahead:
- February Teaching Guide <http://www.teach-nology.com/monthly/feb/>
- Valentine's Day Teaching Theme
- President's Day Teaching Theme
- American Heart Month <http://www.teach-nology.com/themes/science/humanb/>
- African-American History Month
- March Teaching Guide <http://www.teach-nology.com/monthly/march/>
- Inventor's Day <http://www.teach-nology.com/themes/science/inventors/>
- National Women's History Month
- Read Across America Day
- St. Patrick's Day <http://www.teach-nology.com/themes/holidays/stpats/>
Teachers become a Teach-nology member now
<http://www.teach-nology.com/gold/worksheets.html> ! Save tons of time!
<http://www.teach-nology.com/gold/worksheets.html> See Worksheets Now!
- Like Us On Facebook <http://www.teach-nology.com/facebook/>
- Follow Us On Twitter <http://twitter.com/TeachnologyNews/>
- Graphic Organizers
- Phonics <http://www.teach-nology.com/themes/lang_arts/phonics/>
- Reading Worksheets
- Rubrics <http://www.teach-nology.com/themes/lang_arts/rubrics/>
- Spelling <http://www.teach-nology.com/themes/lang_arts/spell/>
- Study Skills <http://www.teach-nology.com/themes/lang_arts/studyskills/>
- Types of Writing
- Word Problems <http://www.teach-nology.com/themes/math/wordproblems/>
Online Teacher Poll
When you were a K-12 student, what level of achievement did you accomplish
- Take this week's poll <http://www.teach-nology.com/poll/thisweekpoll.php>
- View last week's poll <http://www.teach-nology.com/poll/27.php>
Best of the Web
Featured websites for teachers:
- English Grammar Revolution <http://www.english-grammar-revolution.com> -
The Classroom <http://www.gradebook.org/> - Best Teacher Site Archives
Other materials and resources on our web site:
* Lesson plans <http://www.teach-nology.com/teachers/lesson_plans/> *
Printables <http://www.teach-nology.com/printables/> * Rubrics
<http://www.teach-nology.com/web_tools/rubrics/> * Teaching Themes
* Teacher Tips <http://www.teach-nology.com/ideas/> * Teacher Tools
<http://www.teach-nology.com/web_tools/> * Teacher Worksheets
About Weekly Teacher Tips
This newsletter is brought to you by teach-nology.com
<http://www.teach-nology.com/> , the online teacher resource center.
Share This Newsletter
If you know a teacher who may be interested in receiving this newsletter,
please forward it. They can also be added to our newsletter at our home page
You are receiving this email because the email address
mslinda at nopersonleftbehind.org has subscribed to the Teachnology newsletter.
C2011 Teachnology, Inc. <http://www.teach-nology.com/> Bloomingburg, NY
12721. Teachnology, Inc. makes no warranties, either expressed or implied,
about the truth or accuracy of the content of the Teachnology newsletter.
Stop future issues <http://www.teach-nology.com/newsletters/>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NSTA-Info